Home Care After Hospital Discharge
Purpose Driven Home Care serves to give clients the personal care they need in order for them to continue to live dignified and independent lives in the comfort of their homes. We begin by assessing and understanding our client’s individual needs and meet those needs through selectively assigning qualified, trustworthy, and compassionate Home Care Aides.
Purpose Driven Home Care holds great pride in keeping our client’s health, quality of life, and well-being central in the design and delivery of our services. Having our Home Care Aides in your home can prevent re-hospitalization, postpone institutionalization, and reduce the need for urgent care.
When a loved one is discharged from the hospital, it can be overwhelming for everyone involved. After all, transitioning from the hospital back to their home can be a stressful process. That’s why providing them with quality home care after discharge is so important. It ensures that they get the support and assistance they need during this difficult time.
Not only does home care provide comfort and peace of mind, but it also helps ensure that recovery goes smoothly and efficiently. Home care services with Purpose Driven Home Health Care can save time and money while allowing everyone to focus on what matters most: getting better.
No matter what stage of recovery your loved one is in, home care after discharge can make a huge difference in their quality of life.
Transitioning To Home After Hospitalization
Discharge planning, or care transitions from hospital to home, is so important for successful post-hospitalization care. It takes a team of healthcare professionals to ensure that patients and their families are able to transition smoothly into their new environment.
One key component of transitioning from the hospital to home is ensuring that all necessary medical information is received and understood.
The healthcare team needs to provide detailed instructions on how to take medications and what signs or symptoms require medical attention right away.
This helps establish an understanding of what each patient needs in order to remain safe and healthy while at home.
Once the patient has left the hospital, it’s essential that they have access to the appropriate follow-up care, such as primary care appointments, mental health services, and physical therapy if needed.
All these services are part of transition of care from hospital to home and should be accessible close by so that patients don’t have difficulty getting there when needed.
Providing Post-Discharge Home Care in Bakersfield, Wasco, Shafter, Delano, Lamont, Arvin, Taft, Tehachapi, Frazier Park, McFarland, and surrounding areas.
Benefits Of Home Care After Surgery
Here are 5 major advantages of having home care following surgery:
- Care Transitions: Home care services can help ensure a smooth transition from the hospital to the home environment. This includes helping with tasks such as packing up belongings, setting up medical equipment, and making sure medications are properly taken once the patient returns home.
- Discharge Planning: Home care staff can assist with discharge planning by providing information about medications, therapy and follow-up appointments needed after surgery. This helps in reducing unnecessary readmissions or emergency department visits that could occur due to lack of understanding or knowledge about discharge instructions.
- Comfort and Support: When recovering at home, family members may not always be available to provide assistance with activities such as bathing, dressing or meal preparation. Home care staff can provide comfort and support during this time by assisting with these activities and more while allowing patients to focus on healing and rest.
- Education: Home care staff will educate patients on how to prevent infection, how to manage pain, what activities they should avoid while recovering, and how lifestyle changes may need to be made in order for healing to take place correctly.
- Monitoring: Home care staff continuously monitors a patient’s progress after surgery by checking vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and pulse rate; evaluating wound sites; observing for signs of infection; changing dressings; assisting with exercise programs; administering medications as directed by doctor’s orders; and noting any changes in status that may require medical intervention or further evaluation from a physician or other healthcare provider.
Choosing A Home Care Provider For Post-Surgery Care
It’s understandable to feel overwhelmed when making the transition from hospital to home. During this process, you may need to find a home care provider, like Purpose Driven Home Health Care for post-surgery care. Having the right support during this time can make a big difference in your recovery and overall wellbeing. Here are five tips for choosing the best home care provider:
- Research Care Transitions: Look into different home care providers in your area and research how they manage care transitions from hospital to home. Researching their experience with discharge planning is also important, as it ensures that you will receive the necessary level of care to stay safe and comfortable at home.
- Ask for Referrals: Talk to your primary care doctor or hospital discharge coordinator about possible referrals for home care providers in your area. They may have knowledge of local services that can provide the kind of post-surgery support that you need.
- Get Recommendations: Ask family or friends who have used a home health agency before if they could recommend one they liked working with in the past. This can help narrow down potential options so you can focus on finding one that will work best for your needs.
- Check Credentials: Once you’ve identified some possible candidates, take the time to check their credentials and certifications online to make sure they are qualified and experienced in providing post-surgery care services in your area.
- Schedule an Interview: Finally, schedule an interview with each home care agency so you can ask more specific questions about what type of services they offer and how much experience they have providing post-surgery care at home. This is also a great opportunity to get a better idea of what it would be like working with them as part of your recovery team.
We offer professional, and compassionate care to the communities we serve. Reach out to us today to get started.
Benefits Of Home Care After Hospitalization
The transition from hospital to home after a period of illness or surgery can be a difficult one. The benefits of home care are immense. Not only does home care by Purpose Driven Home Health Care provide comfort and reassurance to both the patient and their family, but it also makes the transition smoother and less stressful.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages that come with having professional home care when transitioning back into our everyday lives:
- Support: Home care services offer physical, mental, and emotional support throughout the recovery process. This includes assistance with daily activities such as dressing, bathing, grocery shopping, medication management, meal preparation and more. Professional caregivers have the experience necessary to ensure that all needs are properly met.
- Safety: One of the main concerns when transitioning from hospital to home is safety. Home care providers can help by monitoring vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature and oxygen levels. They will also assess for any risks or signs of complications that may arise during recovery.
- Comfort: Home care services provide comfort for both patients and their families by providing a safe environment in which they can rest easy knowing they are in good hands. Caregivers are trained to understand how to best meet each individual’s needs while providing compassionate and personalized support along the way.
Home care services provide an invaluable resource when transitioning between rehab or surgery at a hospital/facility setting back into your own home environment – whether it be for yourself or a loved one who’s been ill or had surgery recently. With experienced professionals on hand to make sure safety protocols are followed and all needs are met throughout the process, you can rest assured that your transition back into life at home will be smooth and stress-free!
Transitioning From Rehab To Home With Home Care
For many, transitioning from rehabilitation to home care after a hospital stay can be overwhelming.
With proper discharge planning and the right home care provider, this transition can be smooth and stress-free.
Care transitions are a critical part of ensuring that patients have the support they need to continue their recovery in the comfort of their own home.
Home care providers offer an array of services designed to make life easier following hospital discharge, some of these include:
- Providing transportation to medical appointments
- Helping with daily activities like bathing, dressing and managing medications,
- Emotional support
- Education on how to manage chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease.